[time-nuts] Disciplining Rubidium

VK3FGJM VK3FGJM at commtelns.com
Thu Apr 24 00:41:02 EDT 2008

Keep up the feedback, great reading from down here....

Long haul telecommunications systems rely on accurate clocks, in my line
of business our concern has been long term Wander. Wander is generally
associated with random variations of phase noise occurring below 10Hz.
GPS disciplined Rubidium primary reference clocks (PRC) have shown to be
a better performer during hold-over mode. Most PRC's sold down here have
GPS-RB-XO

Taking Tom's point 10, Comparing the cost of a GPS-RB-XO to GPS-XTAL is
a beer or 2 and a BBQ for everyone.

Regards

Gerald
VK3FGJM