[time-nuts] Disciplining Rubidium

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 17:19:28 EDT 2008

Hi Bjoern,

1cm RMS is not bad. That would be great to use for Auto Surveying the
Antenna position.

I meant integrated receivers with 1PPS or 10MHz etc output that are  based on
Carrier Phase measurement, and are better than an M12M. I know of some
GPSDO's that are carrier phase based, and around $8K if I remember  correctly.

Haven't looked into how to use Carrier Phase to generate more accurate 1PPS
pulses, but one thing I remember (maybe incorrectly?) is that one has to get
the  Ephemeris and Ionospheric delay measurements etc from USNO or NIST(?) or
so  do to the post processing when doing surveying?

As you can see, I am not the expert on Carrier Phase. Do you know of any
timing receiver that uses this to generate 1PPS with E-011 accuracy 1s tau? What
is involved in using the Carrier Phase info to improve timing accuracy?

thanks,
bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/24/2008 07:26:47 Pacific Daylight Time,