[time-nuts] 100 MHz Source

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:16:52 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Richard W. Solomon
<w1ksz at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I need a 100 MHz source to lock up a F/W brick. I have 10 MHz available
>
>  from my GPSDO. Anyone know an easy way to get 100 MHz using the 10 MHz
>
>  source ? Maybe another PLO ?

Run a 100 MHz oscillator in a  divide by 10  PLL (Phase Locked Loop)
configuration, compared to your 10 MHz standard? If the Motorola /
Freescale MC145170 (-2) was still in production, that might be a good
one to use. Maybe National LMK03002.

Or a PLL synthesizers that takes the 10 MHz as its input clock and
synthesizes an 100 MHz output clock.
An example might be, Analog Devices ADF4001
<http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,770_850_ADF4001%2C00.html>.