[time-nuts] TBolt and Z3801A performance data

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Aug 9 17:48:37 EDT 2008

Yes, all were made with GPS antenna connected (and running from the same
antenna via an 8-port splitter).

What I was mainly commenting on is the TBolt's pronounced "hump" that
shows up in the measurements against the FTS-1050A but largely
disappears in the pairwise measurement.

The longer tau readings are interesting mainly to see how the GPS loop
kicks in; tau below about 1000 seconds seem related to OCXO performance
on the TBolts, while the Z3801A seems to have a longer time constant,
and somewhat more gradual attack.  (By the way -- the TBolts were
running with the loop parameters they were set to when I got them).

John
----