[time-nuts] I want a good micro-controller

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Aug 13 16:10:50 EDT 2008

At 03:04 PM 8/13/2008 , Mark Sims wrote:

>approach.  Atmel's programmers can be a bit cumbersome and finicky about
establishing connections to their processors.

No kidding!  I'm hacking on the new HP 20B financial calculator (think of
it as a $40 AT91SAM7L128 demo board), and that SAMBA program takes 15
minutes (!) to dump or program 128k flash through the serial port.  When it
decides to connect, that is.  My hacked up OpenOCD script does it in less
than 30s through JTAG.

--
newell  N5TNL