[time-nuts] New 10mhz Distribution Amplifier

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Aug 14 18:37:11 EDT 2008

Additional specs to consider:

The return loss should be low for 10 MHz and the first 8 harmonics.
The harmonic distortion should be low.
The isolation between outputs should be high.
The phase drift vs temperature should be low.
The short term stability at 1 second should be good.
The magnetic field susceptibility should be low.
Line sidebands should be low.

Compare, for example, the HP5087, a so-so design, to the
output amplifier design in the 5071A cesium, as documented
in my FCS paper in 1992.  Huge difference in specs.  The
5071A has 120 dB isolation between outputs.

Rick Karlquist N6RK