[time-nuts] Designing and building an OCXO and GPSDO

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Thu Aug 14 20:55:13 EDT 2008

Bruce, tks for your reply.

 > The latest spectrum analyser offerings from Agilent have similar phase
 > noise floors for both the millimeter wave and low frequency spectrum
 > analysers.

Yes, but kind of puzzles me a bit since I would
be expecting phase noises more than 10x worst on a
SA covering DC to 1GHz (+/-)
(since the LO for this is an YIG oscillator circa 3GHz locked to a
reference)
comparing with an FFT analyzer that uses a few tens MHz sample rate.

Assuming similar 10MHz reference oscillator the SA
gets it multiplied by 300 while a low freq SA (preferably FFT)
gets it multiplied by 10 maximum.
How can they claim similar performance ?!
---

Ok on the rest, tks.

Luis Cupido.