[time-nuts] CE Mark

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 16:32:50 EDT 2008

David Forbes wrote:

> This is interesting. It means that I, as an American exporter selling directly
> to end customers in the EU, do NOT need to CE mark my American made products.

I have bought several items from the US for personal use, and not for
resale, I don't remember any of them having a CE mark and no one stopped
me doing this.

Now, this might be because the trade for persoan imports of small
electronic items is not worth bothering about, or it could be that
there's no legal obligation on me to ensure that what I buy has a CE mark...

I also have a couple of Amateur bands handheld radios, bought second
hand in the UK, that are from China and widely available to import
through eBay.

However, the UK Government is always keen to make sure I pay the various
taxes levied on my purchases, so they must know that it is happening.

Dave (G0DJA)