[time-nuts] FW: IIMorrow GPS units non-functional since Sunday

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 03:01:43 EDT 2008

When I fly in a commercial plane, the display in front of me shows its speed
in km/h and height in metres. The pilot announces the same.

I would have thought that if any group of people could convert quickly it
would be airline pilots. They are intelligent and highly trained people -
not likely to get emotional and try and hang on to outdated and silly units.
It would make their job easier. Besides I'd be surprised if pilots in Europe
(and other places too) didn't use metric exclusively.

Jim