[time-nuts] Odetics 325 & 425: File recovery

Chris Cheney chris.cheney at tesco.net
Fri Aug 22 06:03:21 EDT 2008

<snip>

> everything in sync. Syncing between two local resources (main hard drive
> and USB hard drive) is not too hard, considering the transfer speed that
> can be achieved, but mirroring the web resources is a pain, partly because
> of speed and partly because of OS differences in file name rules
> (Windows/Linux). I have not found the software I wanted (only looked at
> free/cheap stuff) so I am considering writing my own (Visual Basic).

Didier,

The other OS difference is the way that they deal with file timestamps
w.r.t. DST. What Windows does is a real PITA - see
http://www.peterdonis.net/computers/computersarticle3.html for the
details - right down to the footnote.

Have fun with it - it caused me some severe headaches!

Chris
G3RSE