[time-nuts] file synchronization via ftp

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 20:24:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Didier Juges <didier at cox.net> wrote:
> I would have to upgrade to a Business package (instead of the Home package)
> to have SSH, which would double the cost.
>
> I am evaluating FTPSync. It looks like it might do the job, thanks for the
> suggestion

Depending on how comfortable you are with scripting, you could just
parse the output from "ls -lR" on the ftp server and compare it with a
local "ls -lR". If the remote doesn't support "ls -lR", you can
automate that yourself. Some ftp clients (like ncftp) are vaguely
smart about not transferring duplicate files...