[time-nuts] Thunderbolt self-survey results...

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Sat Aug 30 04:30:53 EDT 2008

Hello, All--

My Thunderbolt seems to be able to determine its
Lat and Lon location coordinates with reasonable accuracy.

However, after completing its self-survey it thinks
its elevation is 11.2 meters when the actual elevation
of its antenna (on my house roof) is 28.4 meters.

I arrived at this value by looking at the USGS topo
map of my property, noting the elevation ABMSL where
my house is located and adding the distance from
the ground to the GPS antenna on my roof and coming up
with 28.4 meters.

Should I store this value into POSITION/ALTITUDE?

If I enter this value into ALTITUDE, then what?
Should I then SAVE SEGMENT?  SET ACCURATE POSITION?

Thanks,

Mike Baker
WA4HFR
Micanopy, FL