[time-nuts] New to the list...Hello from Melbourne

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sun Aug 31 08:58:46 EDT 2008

Hello Clint,

Welcome to the group.

For the accurate (stabilized) LO for the 8 GHZ receiver,

consider the new product offering from   www.downeastmicrowave.com

They are offering a synthesized LO that uses a 10 MHz external reference.

Also consider the    www.n5ac.com   product offering for a USB/PC
programmable microwave LO.
May be more appropriate for 8 GHz. Can be programmed to use a 2-26 MHz
reference.

Pricing is cost effective for a ham.
Phase noise performance, though not spectacular, may be quite workable.

Stan, W1LE    FN41sr    Cape Cod