[time-nuts] Tektronix DM-5010 DVM...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:01:24 UTC 2008

I have both 5010's (4.5 digit, 2 wide) and 5120's (6.5 digit, 3 wide) modules (and just about all other TM50x modules).  Both meters will get the job done.  The 5010 is nice because it only takes up two slots.  The 5120 is nice because it is 6.5 digits.  One big difference is in calibration.  The 5010 stores the cal values in RAM backed up by a nicad battery.  When the battery goes bad,  you need to replace it and recalibrate the unit.  This requires a calibrator that can produce specific values (mine can't).  The 5120 stores calibration data in EEPROM.  If you cal from the front panel program,  your calibrator must generate specific values.  If you cal via GPIB,  you can specify the values used.  If you are interested in either module,  contact me offline...