[time-nuts] Ion pump PS voltage multiplier schematic

Tim Schulz technoid_tim at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 18:50:39 UTC 2008

Greetings again...  I guess I would like to ask Corby for the schematics
of the multiplier at his convenience.  I appreciate everybody's
suggestions on how to dissolve the potting material of the module.  I
did attack it yesterday with a heat gun which actually worked pretty
will.  I had it clamped in a metal jawed panavise, and when you get it
hot with the heat gun, the epoxy softens to the consistency of a hard
rubber eraser.  I then used an electricians knife to pick away at the
potting.  I managed to uncover the 3 caps and the remains of a diode.
The diode case softened up with the potting material and all that was
left was the leads and some of the innards.  I left it about 1/2
uncovered.  One has to be more precise at the picking away of the
potting material than I was to preserve components,  but at least you
are not using a bunch high powered and hazardous solvents.  My
substitute HV PS is waiting for me at the post office, so I might be
able to try that tomorrow if I get time...  Thanks again, tim