[time-nuts] Build my own dist. amp ??

Randy Leifer redrabbitlosangeles at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 09:21:47 UTC 2008

Can I build my own 10 MHz distribution amp, using fast opamps ?
I have searched the archives, but all of the designs are fairly complex for me to build using "point-to-point" on a proto/perf board.

I want to feed an oven-ized reference 10 MHz sine signal (50 ohm), as a master clock for my:
HP 3325A
Keithley Counter
PTS 160
and future gear.
(let's say, 1 in / 6 out)

Parts I have in stock are
AD811
EL2030, 2070, 2090
CLC430
CLC200
LM7121
LM6165
Plus some LH0033 "damn fast" current boosting buffers, and some MH0007 clock drivers.
I don't build much high-freq stuff....but a lot of audio freq stuff.
My first thought is an input opamp buffer, branched off to separate line drivers.
Am I anywhere near to achieving my goal ?

Thanks.
=Randy=