[time-nuts] Build my own dist. amp ??

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat Dec 13 11:24:11 UTC 2008

Bruce Griffiths wrote:
> For a 10MHz isolation amplifier you dont need any transistors much more
> exotic than 2N3904's in an appropriate package.
> 3 or 4  2N3904's per isolation amplifier stage will with careful design
> and layout achieve a reverse isolation of more than 130dB.
>

> Bruce

Bruce, you seem to have a tendency to tantalize. Couldn't you have
pointed him to a reference (or two) to a pretty-darn-good circuit
implementation that uses transistors?

I admit, I read most of the posts, but often I lose track and can't
figure out if consensus is being achieved in the long threads.

Also, only being casually into all these time/frequency issues, I do
lose track of some of the simplistic better things I thought I once knew.

Do we, or should we, have a FAQ? I know there are a couple or more great
repositories provided by members. Many thanks to all you guys. But it
seems like a lot of this could be covered by -- oh yes, go read number 7
and then come back if you need more.

Has this been discussed before? Should we start a new thread or should I
just shut up?