[time-nuts] gravimeters, Helium

David M. Witten II wittend at wwrinc.com
Sat Dec 13 21:30:53 UTC 2008

I am surprised that helium reclamation pumps are not beginning to appear
as surplus.  We are several (technological) generations into the period
where supercooled MRI magnets are present in every town over 10,000
population in the US.  Medical MRI has been in use for around 20 yrs,
and though the demand for used equipment resold into less affluent
markets hasn't probably been saturated, some of the squeaky little
buggers should begin to turn up just because of their age.

Dave Witten
KD0EAG