[time-nuts] Build my own dist. amp ??

Jacques Tiete jacques at tiete.org
Tue Dec 16 23:20:22 UTC 2008

Glenn for your info:
Thomson Grass Valley uses AD8055 amps in their recent analog
distribution amps, 1 loop-thru and 8 outputs (with 4 x AD8055 and 2
outputs per ic @ 75 ohm), modifying to 50 ohm seems to be
straightforward.
These cards are not yet out of production, they are still being used
for all kind of "glue" applications, eg. sync, de-embed_do something
like add audio_re-embed, etc. and this in, for the rest, full digital
installs SD or HD.
The circuit does not seem to be complicated, didn't look at the
schematics yet but the power-supply seems to be well filtered.
Model nrs. are 8901, 8902, etc, the board is not that expensive but
they need to be put in a "Gecko" frame = means very expensive... BTW:
all Pro Broadcast equipment is made of pure gold you know ;-))
I'll try to test this card with some decent 5 or 10 Mhz signal (I'm
still waiting for my T-Bolt from TAPR...).
http://www.grassvalley.com/docs/Ordering_Guides/modular/gecko/MOD-1014M-2/8901.pdf

Jacques.

Jacques Tiete
jacques at tiete.org