[time-nuts] Looking for recommendation GPS time/freq standard

Ed Troy etroy at aeroconsult.com
Sun Dec 21 17:10:33 UTC 2008

I am looking to buy a high quality GPSDO for my lab, so that I can
run all of my test equipment off a single, high quality, low phase
noise oscillator. While time accuracy is important, phase noise is
the most important. I suspect my best phase noise instrument is my
HP8563E, with which I measure phase noise of various oscillators, but
I suspect the phase noise of some of the GPSDO's is better. The ones
I am considering are the following:
Z3801A
Z3816A
Z3805A Symmetricom
Trimble Z3801A
Thunderbolt

Any suggestions or warnings would be appreciated.