[time-nuts] Solstice question, about 5000 years ago

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 21 22:12:15 UTC 2008

Hi Bill
About 100 millenia of accumulated experience with probably the last  2 or
three actually farming very successfully where you need to know about
seasons. The Celts were a very civilised people (but their history was
written by their conquorers!)  and great traders even in those days. Flints
were exported and later metals tin lead and copper, and even some gold. The
Romans didnt beat us up for nothing !! It had to be worth the effort. GB was
the granary of their western empire. Note Stonehenge dates from the same
period or even earlier and has 10 ton stones which can only be found 100
miles away on the Welsh mountains.....not just picked up near by! Mind you I
dont expect the drummed the local Druid out of the time-nuts if he got it
wrong by a day :-))

Alan G3NYK