[time-nuts] He is a Time-Nut Troublemaker....

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 22 20:25:27 UTC 2008

I've remembered that I was originally looking for DD Maksutov's article
on his catadioptric telescope published in 1944.
Consequently I had a look at the contents of JOSA for 1944 and I believe
the actual article in question is:

An Optical Sighting Gauge for the Garand Rifle C. B. SITTERSON and JR.
and NORMAN F. BARNES, JOSA, Vol. 34, Iss. 3, pp. *126–126* (1944):
http://www.opticsinfobase.org/josa/issue.cfm?volume=34&issue=3
<http://www.opticsinfobase.org/josa/issue.cfm?volume=34&issue=3>

It was probably intended more as an acceptance test by the army.

Bruce