[time-nuts] He is a Time-Nut Troublemaker....

Yuri Ostry yuri at ostry.ru
Tue Dec 23 02:04:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 2:37:46, Neon John wrote:

N> since we have so many shooting time nuts here, I thought that y'all would
N> enjoy this page:

N> http://www.neon-john.com/Misc/Antique_Chrono.htm

Fun thing... I seen similar decade modules in some russian counters
dated early 50's...

But much more funny thing was old dekatron-based pulse/time period
counters. They was widely used in a nuclear research in late 40 -
early 50's, I still seen one of them working in some lab in late 90's
(12 decades in a row if memory serves me correctly). Guys there keep
one unit and some stock of spare dekatron tubes from decomissioned
ones as a sample of old technology. ;)

Other funny thing I seen there - old tube secondary frequency standard
(CH1-27 if memory serves me correctly). Two large boxes, one is
precision ovenized xtal oscillator with standard frequency broadcast
receiver, scope to tune its own xtal by Lissajou figures and some
other goodies, other box is frequency synthesizer up to 600 MHz. Don't
know how much it weighs, but certainly over 100 kg total.

--
Best regards,
 Yuri                          mailto:yuri at ostry.ru