[time-nuts] OT: Forum <--> email gateway/bridge

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Thu Dec 25 01:32:18 UTC 2008

this is completely off-topic (so please reply via direct email) but since this
is the greatest brain trust on the internet, I thought I'd risk asking the
question.

I can't stand web forums.  My loathing goes beyond hatred.  Even worse now
that I'm stuck back on dial-up again.  Unfortunately there are some areas of
my interest that simply aren't covered by mailing lists.  Fora only.  I've
tried, I really have, to adapt but I can't.

So.

What I'm looking for is a third party application that will gateway or bridge
selected fora to email.  I'd like to point it at a forum or sub-forum and have
it convert each new message into email and send it to me, and in turn take my
replies and convert them into forum posts.  In-line photos could be either
dropped or turned into URLs.  Ideally Linux-based (debian) so that I could
install it on my web host.

Anyone know of anything like this?  Surely I'm not the only forum-hater out
there.

Thanks,
John

And Merry Christmas to all.