[time-nuts] How are you going to spend your extra second?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 25 02:35:57 UTC 2008

Hal Murray skrev:
>> In swedish leap-second translates to skott-sekund, and
>> skott translates back to shot, so recalling the recent thread
>> on fire-arms, don't get shot on the leap-second.
>
> That seems backwards.  Getting shot would make more sense if we were deleting
> (killing) leap-seconds rather than adding/inserting them.

Well, think of it as the second in which he was shot. I think he would
rather have leaped over that particular second if possible. :)

Didn't help did it? :)

Think of it as shoot-in (skjuta in) as the action of insertion,
inserting a second.

Leap-seconds act both ways, so it also means the second we did not have,
that we shoot-out.

Cheers,
Magnus