[time-nuts] WWVB Outages?

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 20:18:41 UTC 2008

Thanks for the link, Tom. That's the same link that Michael Lombardi gave me
a number of years ago. The issues I have with that NIST data is that, 1),
it's not updated in realtime, e.g., I can't see today's events; and, 2), it
only records outages lasting 5 minutes or longer. In the past few years,
I've experienced numerous other outages (lasting less than 5 minutes), that
weren't reported at NIST's "Broadcast Outages" site.

One problem with lack of "realtime" data (including events lasting less than
5 minutes) from NIST is that it tends to cause customers to waste time,
troubleshooting their equipment and processes, in case the problem might be
at their side instead of NIST's.

Today's outage lasted more than 5 minutes. So it will be interesting to see
if it's eventually included in NIST's "Broadcast Outages" list.

Greg