[time-nuts] Happy Holidays

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 05:12:02 UTC 2008

Another possible thing to try is one of the Miller integrator chips that Tektronix used in their scopes and time base modules.  I seem to remember that at least one could yield 0.01% linearity.  The 5Bxx and 7Bxx modules for the 5000 and 7000 series scopes are available in vast quantities,  often for less than $10 (plus about that in shipping).  There is also an Ebay seller that has one of the chips in lots of 10...  search for "Tektronix miller".   I don't know what unit those chips were from.  They are in a TO5 type can,  not the usual DIP package.  To use a particular chip  you would need to do some reverse engineering from the appropriate module service manual.  The connections are usually fairly simple.