[time-nuts] Help ID Display

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Mon Dec 29 19:21:16 UTC 2008

At 12:29 PM 12/29/2008 , Richard W. Solomon wrote:
>Not sure if this accepts attachments, but here goes ...

I doubt it's a 4x40--there's only one controller visible in the pic.  Maybe
a 2x40, 2x20, 2x16, etc.

The 2x8 connector isn't as common as a 2x7.  Most that I've seen tie the
backlight to pins 15 and 16.  You can beep it out to be sure.  (I don't see
a backlight on this one, so maybe the top two pins aren't used?)

Other than that, it looks very much like one of the common-as-dirt HD44780
based character LCD modules.

--
newell  N5TNL