[time-nuts] HP 59540A

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Feb 8 23:34:02 EST 2008

Paul Christensen wrote:
> Recently, I've developed a problem with my HP 58540A receiver.  Every 2-3
> days, I get an antenna current alarm, although the C/N and satellite
> acquisition appears normal.
>
> I am in the process of swapping out the antenna and line.  However, I am
> preparing for the worst...Anyone have a schematic for the unit or know where
> I can obtain a copy?  Tnx!
>
> Paul, W9AC

My Z3816A started getting alarms recently. I opened it up and moved the
cable around a bit between the main board and the external antenna
connector. It has been working ok since for several days now, so I am
guessing it was a flaky connection at the little connector onto the main
board.

It may be one other thing to think about.