[time-nuts] GPS Locked and Unlocked Performance Comparison

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Feb 12 00:16:39 EST 2008

Sifting through old data, in addition to recent measurements
made in the past few months, I have 4 very interesting plots
of GPSDO performance.

The goal was to see real-life plots of disciplining in action by
contrasting free (unlocked) vs. GPS-locked performance as
compared with my 10 MHz house reference. The four GPSDO
measured so far are: Z3801A, Fury, Thunderbolt, and Miller.

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/gpsdo/

Comments & questions welcome.

I hope to measure quite a few more this year. Contact me
offline if you want your favorite one included in the list. Note
that I'm not necessarily looking for the best GPSDO; instead,
for this page at least, the more variety the better.

/tvb