[time-nuts] GPS Locked and Unlocked Performance Comparison

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 13:50:24 EST 2008

Hello Tom,

on the measurements did you use Auto Survey on these receivers? Or did you
give them a surveyed antenna position?

Even good GPS's I have seen have a 3-5 feet height error or so from  Auto
Survey.

I wonder how much better these units would perform if they get a well
surveyed position set manually?

Maybe their performance is so good already that it wouldn't make a
difference in ADEV.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/13/2008 04:47:46 Pacific Standard Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

> Interesting thought. What calculations did you use to  set
> your expectations? The free OCXO in both those GPSDO
> are  well within reason, no? And both GPSDO follow a fairly
> standard couple  of ns over root tau line,  yes?

Awards. Go to AOL Music.