[time-nuts] Aging rate of crystals

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Feb 15 15:24:37 EST 2008

For ovenized crystals, any oven temperature change will
cause aging to temporarily increase (and may change the
direction as well).  Restabilization may take an hour
to a day, depending on how much the temperature was changed.
We haven't noticed that powering up the oscillator or not
makes a big difference.  (This refers to leaving the oven
on, and turning off the oscillator circuitry.  This experiment
is easy to do on a 10811 since the supplies are separate.)
Does that answer your question?

Rick Karlquist N6RK