[time-nuts] Handar INC WWV receiver

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 21:52:30 EST 2008

Bill thanks for the reply and the web link.

I have continued to search the web and found that Handar was part of TSI and is now part of Vaisala. My receiver was part of a weather station and I'm thinking it ran on a 12V battery and solar panel. The system was called a "540A Multiple Access Data Acquisition system". Found a picture of the box my receiver plugged into each cable was unique so you can look at the connectors and only connect the correct box with the correct cable to the main box. The receiver had a 3 by 3 square layout on the connector so I think this is an option for this system.

Also found a old reference on this list from Jason kf6pdt Sun Dec 16 13:33:12 EST 2007 :

[time-nuts] newbie questions

"<snip> 1)  I have a Handar 541 WWV receiver. I've searched high and low for a
manual for the the thing (so I can power it up without frying it) with
no luck, even the company that acquired Handar couldn't put their
hands on a copy. Would anybody on this list have this info? <snip>"

So Jason you still looking ?