[time-nuts] HP 8660-K11 10MHz comparator and Tracor 900 VLF receiver/comparator

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 19:29:07 EST 2008

Hi All

I'm looking for any information, hopefully a manual, for what  HP labelled as
the "8660-K11 10MHz Ref.Gen" which actually  looks to be a phase comparator
that compares an external 10 MHz signal  with an internal HP10811 reference.

There are other 8660-K** units, certainly at least the 8660K-10 Phase
Modulation Test Set, and I assume they are all either accessories or calibration
kit for the 8660 series of signal generators, but can't find anything on them in
 HP catalogues.

My 8660-K10 has been got at, some reworking of the circuit board and at
least one non original IC fitted, so a schematic would be very useful if a
complete manual isn't available but anything would be appreciated.

I am also looking for information on the Tracor 900A VLF  receiver/frequency
comparator and, again, anything would be gratefully  received.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR