[time-nuts] SVN23/PRN32 useable

Kiwi Geoff geoff36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:53:48 EST 2008

Chris Kuethe wrote:
>  In Sunnyvale, my ublox antaris4t is tracking and using for solutions
>  it right now (2008-02-26T22:29:19.0Z). My GPS18/LVC doesn't admit that
>  there could be a PRN32

I have been monitoring my little fleet of GPS18/LVC's since early this
morning Chris - when I was the first to receive PRN32 with a Motorola
GT+ (by forcing an almanac gather).

I just checked the almanac on the Garmin 18 and it still says:

$GPALM,32,32,32,,,,,,,,,,,,*7A       ( still null fields for PRN32 )

So it has not updated the almanac yet.

It's housekeeping may only download an almanac once a day, so that is
why some of us will have to wait a 24 hour period before we know
whether our GPS can count all the way up to 32

Regards, Kiwi Geoff (New Zealand) .
http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_36_nz