[time-nuts] SVN23/PRN32 useable

Kiwi Geoff geoff36 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:33:52 EST 2008

Chris Kuethe wrote:
>>  Is there anyone else in the group, that has an AC12, and can say if it
>>  can use PRN 32?
>  I have one. I'll set it up for a test tonight.

Thanks Chris, methinks you will not receive PRN 32 !!!

To back up my suspicion - I just downloaded the almanac from my AC12.

It has a ToA of 503,808 seconds which is the same ToA of other
almanacs I have that have PRN 32 marked as healthy - so I am confident
my AC12 has an up to date almanac.

However my AC12 only outputs "30" almanac messages, it misses # 7 (as
it should) but it stops at 31, so I think this is a strong indication
that 32 is too high a number, and that the firmware may only handle
PRN's from 1 to 31.

So I will be most interested to see if your AC12 can receive PRN 32 Chris!

Regards, Kiwi Geoff.
http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_36_nz