[time-nuts] GPS-Attached Equipment Lightning Protection

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Feb 29 18:48:58 EST 2008

Hi Matt,

this may not work for you, but the new receivers coming onto the market are
amazingly sensitive.

I get full signal strength inside our wooden house on a Sirf-based receiver
we are evaluating. I also get 8 Sats and more inside a metal building where we
 don't even get Cell-phone reception. The older Motorola receivers don't see
any  sats under the same conditions.

While hiding the antenna inside the building will degrade the timing
performance, it may save your equipment and you from getting zapped.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/29/2008 15:43:20 Pacific Standard Time,