[time-nuts] CPU frequency and NTP crazyness.

Ryan ryanbytes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:45:19 EST 2008

I moved my NTP server to my old Athlon XP desktop running Windows XP
and quickly noticed the effect the CPU power save feature had on NTP.
Once the CPU started ramping down from 2GHz to wherever it lands when
it's done the NTP offsets would hit over a second. I installed
Seti at Home and Einstein at Home to keep the processor frequency at the
maximum speed and everything has been just peachy with NTP. My
question is this, does anyone have a way to switch off the power save
feature the CPU is using so I don't have to run my machine full tilt?

Thanks all!
Ryan