[time-nuts] 35601A as stand-in for 11848A ?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Jan 6 17:29:09 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/5/2008 16:58:01 Pacific Standard Time, jmiles at pop.net
writes:

>That's a good point; how are you (Said) calibrating the  system?

>For simplicity I'd drive the mixer's LO port at its full  spec and start with
>the RF port unsaturated, at (presumably) 0  dBm.
Hi John etc,

I've been reading all the posts and greatly appreciate the help. I may end
up getting a 11729C, these seem to be reasonably priced.

I've tried two ways to calibrate my setup: one was to detune the OCXO's by
>20Hz, and measure the resulting beat frequency level.

Another was to use our FireFox signal generator to add a 10.0001MHz  signal
-30dB below the carrier into the DUT output using a  power combiner, and
measuring the resulting 100Hz spur.

Both methods result in output spurs that are within <2dB of  expected.

I will try the hints from everyone,
thanks,
Said