[time-nuts] FE-5680A Rubidium Pinout again

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Jan 10 14:42:52 EST 2008

Here is a link to an earlier reply to a similar question.
http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/msg09415.html

In that message there is a link to another earlier message that has the
actual pin-out that works for the FE-5680A's that were available in
2005. I have never heard any reports of anyone finding a way to adjust
the frequency output on this model. There are other versions that do
respond to rs232 commands.

So, try the unit with just 15V feeding it. If it gives an output, you
are lucky and the unit is one that has been found to respond to rs232
commands. If no output, add the +5 V connection described in the
messages. You will probably then get 10 MHz on the appropriate pin but
nobody that I know of has found a way to adjust them.