[time-nuts] Truetime XL-DC help

Steve Wiseman sjwiseman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 18:57:46 EST 2008

On 13/01/2008, Don Wisdom <donw at engineeringinc.com> wrote:
> Yeah it seems to be my location.   Anyone have any other insight into this?
> It locked onto 6 satellites right away at his office.

My Symmetricom XL-AK flips between happy-6satellites and
grumpy-waiting-for-satellites every few minutes. The same 6 satellites
generally come back when it recovers, and the 1pps doesn't seem
perturbed. This is using a Symmetricom stick antenna, mounted high, on
10 metres of cable. I don't know if it's in any way related to your
woes, but it's done it for 5 years, in all temperature conditions.
It's a mild irritation, but mostly I ignore it, since the box does
what I actually need.
I sometimes wonder if it's interference, since my lab is far from quiet...

Steve