[time-nuts] RFTG-m-RB

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Jan 20 23:25:30 EST 2008

Bruce,

A Johnson counter set to recycle at a count of 3 (by tying Q3 to Clear)
should have low noise, at least as long as you use output Q2 since Q3 (and
then Q1) will be affected by the time for the chip to clear..

In a related subject, I made some spectrum analyzer screen shots of various
duty cycle pulsed signals.

I had actually planned to do some of that a while ago to illustrate the
effect of duty cycle on switching supply spurious emissions. This thread
actually prompted me to finish that test. Thanks!

Here are the plots:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Test_Equipment/Pulse_Modulation/

Didier KO4BB

Checked by AVG Free Edition.