[time-nuts] Soekris NET4521?

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 10:17:31 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 22:25 -0600, Scott Newell wrote:
> Is the Soekris NET4521 an acceptable substitute for the '4501,
> assuming I'd like to build a precision clock input?

The NET4521 has the on board High performance timer so the PHK high
precision PPS hack will work.
My first NTP server was done with one of these boards as it was what I
had handy.
I still have it so can send you a photo of the mod for this board if
needed
However the 4521 only has one serial port leaving you with a choice
between a console and a GPS input.
I chose console and used an external NTP clock for coarse time
I guess if one was to add a PCI / mini-pci serial port this issue could
be solved

My current NTP servers are made out of NET 4501's one of which has the
clock block mod.
It's time to move with the times, make sure you compile IPv6 in
there ;-)

regards
Brendan EI6IZ

--
Don‘t complain. Nobody will understand. Or care. And certainly don‘t try
to fix the situation yourself. It‘s dangerous. Leave it to a highly