[time-nuts] Thunderbolt and USB to RS232 converters

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 15:16:22 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Arnold Tibus <Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello all Thunderbolt enthusiasts,
> Thunderbolt Monitor does show all the assigned ports at the right side
> column for com ports 1 to 16.

A tip for anyone that might be designing software.  Don't put a fixed limit
on the USB virtual COM ports like 1 to 16.  Make a pull down that show
what ports are really populated via the SetupDI API.  The next new USB
COM port I plug into my development machine is going to be assigned
COM44!

Anyone know where in the registry to reset the ever incrementing
new COM number?

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/