[time-nuts] Thunderbolt controllers

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jul 7 15:21:29 EDT 2008

> As I reported already, Thunderbold seem to restart  perfectly alone
> once set properly, until I get a problem.... I have no real control
> over it, no information about,  and for portable use I need always a
> PC.

I think portable is quite different from stationary.

If you move it, you have to tell it the new location or let it do a
self-survey.

You don't need a PC if you don't store the location in the EEPROM.  All you
have to do is power off for a while and it will do a self-survey when you
turn it back on.  That covers the moved case at the disadvantage of a long
delay if you didn't move it.