[time-nuts] Frequency divider design critique request

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jul 11 13:41:52 EDT 2008

Magnus Danielson:

1) Please could you clarify what you're proposing with the series resistors?
I get the idea about 10nF in parallel with R24-R26, though I'm not sure what
the benefit is?   Those MUX control pins are going to sit pretty hard on 5V
or pulled down to ground.

2) You said:

>I am sure we can come up with some arrangement for that. Several handy
time-nuts around.

Are you suggesting that I get more than one PCB made up, or that I get 1
prototype made up and built to confirm it works mostly as I expect, and then
get a batch made up for the group to play with?

Obviously if there's enough interest I could get a batch made, but it's a
bit of a risk if I find problems when I build the first one!

Extra features - well I guess I could have added a distribution amplifier as
well, but I think that's a different project.  1pps isn't needed as the TB
already provides that.

Synchronising with the TB 1ppS output - hey, come on, this is my first
digital design project.   The impossible we do immediately, unfortunately
miracles take a bit longer!

All,

CPLD - wassat?  OK, OK I have some idea, but that's about all I know.
Anyway these are probably BGA stuff which I couldn't hope to hand solder
anyway - it's enough of a stretch for me to think of hand soldering this SMT
board.

Chris Hoover,

You mean you've got something that does all that and more and you've kept
quiet about it!  Shame on you!  Or is it really only in the early stages of
gestation?

Cheers
Dave