[time-nuts] Thunderbolt temperature spikes

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Mon Jul 14 12:44:25 EDT 2008

Mark Sims wrote:
> I set up my ThunderBolt data logger to flag temperature spikes.  Over a 10 hour run last night it caught five of them (TOW  magnitude):
> 104416  0.097 deg
> 104898  0.022 deg
> 115715  0.087 deg
> 135298  0.098 deg
> 138564  0.041 deg

This is a "spike"?  Surely this kind of tiny temperature variation on
the unit's board somewhere outside the oven does not have a lot of
relevance or effect on anything inside the oven where it is all
happening.  And what is the tolerance and resolution of the temperature
measuring device anyway? Or am I missing something fundamental here?

I have long since stopped monitoring mine since it seems quite happy to
be left alone, but I used to see diurnal variations in temperature
reading several orders of magnitude greater than those "spikes".

Dan