[time-nuts] Trimble DAC voltage

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Jul 14 17:20:06 EDT 2008

> Over the past 2 days, the DAC voltage of my trimble
> thunderbolt has increased in a linear mannar from
> 0.332 to 0.336 or about 2mV per day.

Nice. Keep logging for a few more weeks or even months
and tell us what happens, long-term.

> I assume this voltage will sooner or later saturate? Or
> is this effect the aging of the crystal in the OCXO that
> keeps on going at this rate? If the latter is true, does
> this mean that within about 2500 days from now, the
> DAC voltage will hit +5V ?

I guess, yes, if the trend of the past *2* days continues
without change for the next *2500* days. But in the real
world what happens in a few days doesn't always match
what happens over a few weeks or years. If you continue
your data collection for the long-term it should make an
interesting plot.

/tvb