[time-nuts] Double ovened 10811-60158 on ebay

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jul 19 23:40:24 EDT 2008

Ed Palmer wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I picked up a couple of these 'naked' oscillators.  I was surprised to
> hear that you stripped yours down.  I'm planning to build it back up to
> its former glory with a controller for the outer oven and a new cover of
> some sort.  Is there any reason not to do that?

The possible reason is that the oven thermal gain isn't all that
great (AFAIK), so you go to fair amount of trouble for marginal
benefits.  You will probably have to use a very long time constant
which will sort of rule out a simple analog integrator, forcing
a PID digital controller.  If you're good with a PIC, it might not
be too hard.  I'm an analog guy; I don't speak PIC. :-)

Rick Karlquist N6RK