[time-nuts] Double ovened 10811-60158 on ebay

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jul 20 10:14:47 EDT 2008

Ed Palmer wrote:
>> If their intent was to hermetically seal the oscillator, why would they
> leave the screw in the front that covers the adjustment hole (which
> nobody could possibly get to!)?  Would the seal around the screw be good
> enough to make it worth the effort to seal the rest of the unit?
>
> Ed

Good point.  I don't know about the hermeticity of a screw, sounds
questionable.  It's possible the designers were kidding themselves.
I know that I debunked a lot of their theories about what is or is
not hermetic.  For example, "hermetic" epoxy isn't.  Possibly there
is a Viton O ring around the screw.  I think that might be hermetic.

Rick Karlquist N6RK